On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 7:24 PM, Tor Lillqvist <tlillqvist@novell.com> wrote:
Ah. But we don't want to use some *interactive* tool to modify the installer, when we build the
installer from *source* (well, not "source code" in the sense of programming language, but data)
programmatically. If this is what we want, change the names of these properties, and presumably
their default values, we should of course do that in the *source*, not by using a manual
interactive tool on the end result.

(We don't change functionality in the software by patching the binary either. We do changes in
the source code and recompile.)

Oh, I totally agree, but when I saw the bug report I worked from the
same perspective as I do in my work. We aren't usually provided with
the source, just a vendor MSI, so we make transforms. I don't think I
can be of much assistance when it comes to modifying the installer in
the sense you are proposing. It is pretty far beyond my knowledge and
it seems like it would be quite the complex operation do change
anything in that script.

--
Cato Auestad
bleakgadfly