On Thu, Aug 11, 2011 at 11:55:02AM -0400, drew wrote:
On Thu, 2011-08-11 at 10:15 +0200, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
Lionel Elie Mamane wrote:

[Postgresql connector]

I was wondering if by any chance there is a general authorisation
by Sun / Oracle that relicenses *all* OpenOffice-related code to
LGPLv3 that would apply _also_ to this code?

I'm afraid there is not. Unless there's any newer version of that
file somewhere officially released, (...)  ask on the
ooo-dev@incubator.apache.org list, to have all files you need for
this added to the Oracle source code grant to Apache (Andrew Rist
is the one managing that on the Oracle side).

If you like I can follow up on that, both hit the apache list and
maybe it's worth a quick email to the original contributor, if that
makes sense.

I'd be grateful if you could take care of that, thanks. Keep me
CCed. I'll do the email to the original contributor myself.

Here's the info you will need. If you need anything else, just ask
me (not only the mailing list, a personal CC to me).

I started from the code in the Debian packages; that is the six
patches I copied at http://people.debian.org/sdbc-postgresql/

All files that have any kind of copyright notice say "Sun copyright,
LGPLv2.1 / Sun Industry SSLv1.1" with no other copyright notice, so
I'm assuming all contributors either assigned their copyright to Sun
or so small contribution that no copyright holds
(e.g. gcc-4.3-postgresql.diff and sdbc-postgresql-build-lst.diff are
so small / trivial that I would not bother about copyright problems on
these ones).

NOTE THAT some files have no copyright header AT ALL. I just consider
them under the same copyright / license than the rest, but possibly
I'm on more shaky ground there.

http://dba.openoffice.org/drivers/postgresql/index.html contains
downloading instructions from CVS; I haven't followed them and thus
have not compared what I started from to what is in old OO.org CVS.

--
Lionel