On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 21:23 +0200, Christoph Noack wrote:
That said, the most helpful thing (but most difficult) ist to tell
people what will be missing exactly in terms of content, features or
formatting when exporting documents.

Hard, there was a filter tracer project long ago to attempt to record
for semi-debugging purposes things which couldn't be exported to the
destination format, but it's not great :-( Most critically while it
could detect some things, it doesn't/didn't detect all of them. Plenty
of work required, its a good idea to have it if we could do it. That'd
be the MSFilterTracer stuff in sw/source/filter/ww8 and similar ones
elsewhere.

We should probably not let the great be the enemy of the good and either
drop the dialog entirely? or make it a big easier to read in the
short-term, e.g. by Friday :-)

C.

p.s.
I see the MSFilterTracer logging has gone stale anyway, e.g.

if (!pWDop->fNoLeading)
    maTracer.Log(sw::log::eExtraLeading);
rDoc.set(IDocumentSettingAccess::ADD_EXT_LEADING, !pWDop->fNoLeading);

we seem to be logging that we can't support extra leading as a compatibility
option at the same time we set the since-implemented extra leading
compatibility option :-)