Astron wrote:
While I can understand the intention of the bug, to me the proposed
solution sounds like bad English. I am also unsure if the change
proposed expresses the option properly (and if this option can be
explained properly in three words).
I think a better solution would be to keep "Create hybrid file", but
add an explanation two-liner like "Saves an ODF version of this
document inside the PDF, making the PDF easily editable in
%PRODUCTNAME." (Note that the original patch hard-coded the
application name!)

Hi Astron,

can you propose an alternative patch in the bug report?

I am also not too keen on the ".pdf" file extension being changed to
".odf.pdf"—there will be enough users who still have the "hide known
file extensions" option of Windows on and thus will only see ".odf".
Additionally, two file extensions look awful.

I can't see any proposal in the bug you reference (though Jenei
talks about adding it) - but I agree with your assessment. Besides
that, the file is no proper ODF file (i.e. removing the .pdf
extension and throwing it at other odf-processing applications will
not work), so the name may not match user expectations.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten