( /me must remember to reply-all )
Hi Lubos
On 02/08/11 13:58, Lubos Lunak wrote:
  Hello,

  last week .docx support was broken because of a mistake during the gbuild
changes and I wasted quite some time finding out what was wrong. As something
similar had happened to me already
same for me ( too many times )
  before I'd like to apply the attached
patches. However I have some issues with it:

- the error dialog that pops up just says 'General error. General input/output
error.', which is completely unhelpful, however I don't feel like digging
more for how to pass the information as far as the place where the dialog is
shown,
hmm I think it would be nicer to handle at least the CannotActivateFactoryException problems from the filter instatiations and pop a dialog ( debug output to terminal especially on weirdy windows is not the best way to see this problem ), I vaguely recall the twisted mechanism for getting some dialogs to pop with the interaction handler stuff, I will have a look
  so I'd like to add at least debug output

- the debug output in the patch is done just using fprintf(stderr), as I
cannot find anything that would simply log a debug message and not do more -
is there anything like that in LO?

- osl_loadModule*() functions are plain C functions from stable API, so no
overloading to add the extra argument for the error message, the best I've
come up with was simply a wrapper around dlerror(), which I admit is not very
nice API either, would there be any better approach?
don't see one, don't see that it is so bad either

Noel