On 29.07.2011, at 12:57, Bjoern Michaelsen <bjoern.michaelsen@canonical.com> wrote:
Hi Matúš, all,
On Fri, 29 Jul 2011 12:46:43 +0200
Matúš Kukan <matus.kukan@gmail.com> wrote:

I have tried to move salhelper to new build system and it builds nice
(for me) but there is problem with scp2.
In old system we were creating libuno_salhelpergcc3.so.3 and
libuno_salhelpergcc3.so was just link to it.

So now I'm getting: ERROR: File not found: libuno_salhelpergcc3.so.3
from smoketestoo_native because now is created only
libuno_salhelpergcc3.so.

So, I'm not sure about solution. Somehow change scp2 or create both
files or just the one with .3.

So my question about this: do we really want this versioned lib symlink
foo in solver, or do we rather have such stuff in the installation only
(i.e. generated in for example scp2). The only clients for the libs in
the solver are linking and our unittests, which can get along nicely
without the versioning, right?

No. While linking wants the unversioned libFOO.so (thanks to passing them as -lFOO to the linker),
running the unit tests wants the versioned libFOO.so.3 (thanks to the SONAME).

-Stephan