Hello Markus,

On Sun, 2011-07-24 at 20:22 +0200, Markus Mohrhard wrote:
Hello Kohei, all,

this is a possible patch for the problem that the button at
File->Properties is always disabled even if you have a password
protected file.

The problem was that SID_PASSWORD, which saved the plain text
password, is no longer used but we use SID_ENCRYPTIONDATA which saves
the hash. I changed the code for this button so that it shares the
implementation with the file save dialog.

Yup, the change looks fine to me, and the password change functionality
appears to work just fine for the open-document password.

There is one minor issue.  The dialog that gets launched from the Change
Password button also contains the optional password input for modifying
document, and setting a new password there doesn't appear to change the
modify-document password.  Not sure if this is worth fixing, or trivial
to fix...

I haven't found a nice place for the method RequestPassword so I have
decided to leave it in filedlghelper.[ch]xx . I'm open for any
suggestions where this method should be located.

I think the place where you put it is just fine for me.

This patch applies to 3.4, I haven't tested yet with master since
master has several code changes in the password related code.

Indeed.  I tried to git am your patch on master and it failed to apply.
I wonder if this is a big change, or just a minor change enough to make
the patch not apply cleanly...  I haven't looked too closely into it
yet.

Regards,

Kohei

--