Having lion doesn't force you to install the latest version of XCode, or does it?

Well, if you want to use Xcode 4.x, it must be Xcode 4.1 (the latest). An Xcode 4(.0) you had in
10.6 tells you to upgrade when you try to use it on 10.7.

I haven't tried if one can run the IDE of Xcode 3.2.6 on Lion. (At least the command-line tools
from it work fine.)

--tml