Hi all,

feature/gnumake4 is about to be merged into master. As this changes a
lot of low-level build system stuff, there will be quite few temporary
instabilities and problems (esp. on non-Linux platforms) after the
merge.

Some highlights of the changes to the build system:
- gb_{Library,LinkTarget,Executable}_set_{defs,cflags,cxxflags} have
  been obsoleted. Use
  gb_{Library,LinkTarget,Executable}_add_{defs,cflags,cxxflags}_add_{defs,cflags,cxxflags}
  instead.
- Zip and Jar Targets
- Faster and simpler dep generation
- a mini gbuild-system "gbuild-simple.mk" for use in recursive
  CustomTargets
- The linking against system libs is abstracted in one file
  RepositoryExternal.mk making the module makefiles a lot more readable
  by having simple gb_Library_use_externals calls instead of errorprone
  LDFLAGS twiddling etc. There might be modules which need to be
  adapted still to this simpler scheme.

One nasty sideeffect of the new dep-generation is that if you declare a
cxx to compile for a library that is nonexistant it might result in
the build looping.(*)

Attached you find a list with the ~220 directories touched by this, if
there are changes at an area you feel at home, please have a curious
look at the changes.

I have reverted the gbuildization of gnumake4 in writerfilter and kept
"our" gbuildization. Still I think, we(**) should take a very close look
at that, as it seems to be doing some things quite right. I got the
gnumake4 gbuildization working, but I did not resync that state with the
latest changes in writerfilter. I created two temporary tags in filters:
-
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/tag/?id=feature/gnumake4_writerfilter_base
-
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/tag/?id=feature/gnumake4_writerfilter_head

which are the working gnumake4 gbuildization state (head) and "our"
master state it was based on (base). That diff (in writerfilter only) is
pushed as a featurebranch:
 http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/filters/commit/?h=feature/gnumake4_writerfilter

which we can merge to master, if we choose to. Otherwise, we should
delete those.

If nobody protests, I will merge the branch to master on Sunday
afternoon, so that I wont break the master for volunteers on the
weekend, and so that we have good tinderbox result on Monday.

Best,

Bjoern

(*) EasyHack: Make gbuild bail out early if nonexistent cxx files are
declared.

(**) we = Miklos and David, maybe?

P.S.: Test status of the branch:
Smoketest passes.
In-build tests pass.
JunitTest/toolkit_unoapi fails, but does so on master too.
JunitTest/sw_complex fails, but does so on master too.
Junittest/dbaccess_complex seems to hang, but does seem to _NOT_ fail
on master. Worth a look.
Other subsequenttests pass.

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen
.
automation/util
basebmp
basebmp/inc/basebmp
basebmp/prj
basebmp/test
basegfx
basegfx/inc/basegfx
basegfx/inc/basegfx/color
basegfx/inc/basegfx/curve
basegfx/inc/basegfx/matrix
basegfx/inc/basegfx/numeric
basegfx/inc/basegfx/pixel
basegfx/inc/basegfx/point
basegfx/inc/basegfx/polygon
basegfx/inc/basegfx/range
basegfx/inc/basegfx/raster
basegfx/inc/basegfx/tools
basegfx/inc/basegfx/tuple
basegfx/inc/basegfx/vector
basegfx/prj
basegfx/test
cairo
cairo/prj
canvas
canvas/inc/canvas
canvas/inc/canvas/base
canvas/inc/canvas/rendering
canvas/prj
canvas/source/vcl
chart2
comphelper
comphelper/inc/comphelper
comphelper/qa/string
comphelper/qa/weakbag
comphelper/test/uno_iterators
configmgr
cppcanvas
cppcanvas/inc/cppcanvas
cppcanvas/prj
cui
cui/source/inc
dbaccess
dbaccess/inc/pch
dbaccess/qa/unoapi
dbaccess/source/core/api
dbaccess/source/core/dataaccess
dbaccess/source/ext/macromigration
dbaccess/source/filter/xml
dbaccess/source/shared
dbaccess/source/ui/app
dbaccess/source/ui/browser
dbaccess/source/ui/control
dbaccess/source/ui/dlg
dbaccess/source/ui/misc
dbaccess/source/ui/querydesign
dbaccess/source/ui/relationdesign
dbaccess/source/ui/tabledesign
dbaccess/source/ui/uno
/dev
drawinglayer
editeng
expat
extensions/prj
extensions/source/abpilot
extensions/test/ole/AxTestComponents
extensions/workben
extras/prj
filter/source/msfilter
forms
formula
framework
gdk-pixbuf
hwpfilter
i18npool/source/localedata/data
i18npool/source/search
idl
idl/prj
libcroco
lingucomponent/source/hyphenator/altlinuxhyph/hyphen
lingucomponent/source/spellcheck/spell
lingucomponent/source/thesaurus/libnth
linguistic
linguistic/inc/linguistic
linguistic/prj
linguistic/source
offapi/com/sun/star/document
offapi/com/sun/star/drawing
offapi/com/sun/star/script
oox
oox/source/token
package/inc
padmin
postprocess/packcomponents
qadevOOo
regexp
regexp/inc/regexp
regexp/prj
regexp/source
reportdesign
reportdesign/inc/pch
reportdesign/prj
reportdesign/qa/complex/reportdesign
reportdesign/source/core/api
reportdesign/source/core/misc
reportdesign/source/core/resource
reportdesign/source/core/sdr
reportdesign/source/filter/xml
reportdesign/source/shared
reportdesign/source/ui/dlg
reportdesign/source/ui/inspection
reportdesign/source/ui/misc
reportdesign/source/ui/report
sax
sax/prj
sax/qa/cppunit
sax/source/expatwrap
sc
scp2/source/base
scp2/source/canvas
scp2/source/ooo
scp2/util
sd
sdext/source/pdfimport/inc
sdext/source/pdfimport/test
sdext/source/pdfimport/tree
sd/source/ui/inc
setup_native/prj
setup_native/source/win32/customactions/quickstarter
sfx2
sfx2/inc/pch
sfx2/inc/sfx2
sfx2/prj