On Wednesday 13 of July 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Tue, 2011-07-12 at 10:35 +0200, Lubos Lunak wrote:
On Monday 11 of July 2011, Caolán McNamara wrote:
I reckon we probably have to bite the bullet and drop -D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG
from solenv ?

 I think we could simply force --without-system-libs (or at least for C++
libs) when --enable-debug is used and that could do. I don't how much is
_GLIBCXX_DEBUG is worth, but --without-system-libs doesn't look like that
big price to pay.

I don't know if it's worth it.

 Then I guess we can ask David, who was the one to add it :).

I mean even if we forced on
--without-system-libs for --enable-debug we would still probably need to
run around adding the moral equivalent of EXTRA_CFLAGS +=
-D_GLIBCXX_DEBUG to all the other external c++ modules we have to be
sure we don't mix stl versions.

 That shouldn't be a lot of work. I wouldn't be that happy to build all the
C++ deps just because of this, but it probably won't matter much given the
size of the LO codebase.

--
 Lubos Lunak
 l.lunak@suse.cz