Hi Caoln,

Thanks for the ideas! The preferred goal is for option b, to make it able to
run automatically without manual intervention. As an ideal result, we can have
machines persistently check out the latest build and give back the testing
results automatically.

One question is I saw the smoketest.cxx seems handling the Macro security
releasing on run time (Not sure my understanding is right), so is there
specific reasons to extract the logic out (making another piece of code)? It
could be the best if I can have things reusable at the current code base, so
that we do not need to maintain 2 different code set for similar testing (I
think some developers are also happy to use 'make check'). What is your
concern about this aspect? Thanks a lot :)

Best wishes,
Yifan