Hello all,

I was working on extracting smoketestoo_native module out of the build system,
to investigate the possibility running it with Libreoffice binary build. So
that we could allow QA to run this quick test for a basic level of smoke
testing with a released or pre-released build.

Here is my findings with some questions, I would appreciate if any suggestions
or thinkings are provided.

[Running command]

    The smoke test canbe run through a single line command for a specific
    binary of libreoffice, provided with the argument -env:arg-soffice :

LD_LIBRARY_PATH=~/smoketest/lib:/opt/libreoffice3.4/ure/lib${LD_LIBRARY_PATH:+:${LD_LIBRARY_PATH}} \
        ./cppunittester \
        -env:UNO_SERVICES=file:///opt/libreoffice3.4/ure/share/misc/services.rdb \
        -env:UNO_TYPES=file:///home/bench/smoketest/types.rdb \
        -env:arg-soffice=path:/opt/libreoffice3.4/program/soffice \
        -env:arg-user=./user \
        -env:arg-env=LD_LIBRARY_PATH"${LD_LIBRARY_PATH+=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH}" \
        -env:arg-testarg.smoketest.doc=~/smoketest/doc/smoketestdoc.sxw \
        --protector ~/smoketest/lib/unoexceptionprotector.so unoexceptionprotector
~/smoketest/lib/libsmoketest.so

where the ~/smoketest directory contains stuff outside the binary
packages. Namely, beside the libraries provided by ure pakcage, we may need
extra libraries and binary:

        Binary:
            cppunittester

        Library:
            libsmoketest.so
            libtest.so
            unoexceptionprotector.so

I also noticed the services.rdb delivered with ure binary package is Usable
for smoketest:

        /opt/libreoffice3.4/ure/share/misc/services.rdb

However the types.rdb delivered with ure binary package will cause a Crash
when smoketesting:

        * /opt/libreoffice3.4/ure/share/misc/types.rdb

Then I tried to copy the types.rdb from the master branch:

        ./unxlngi6.pro/bin/types.rdb

which works fine. Meanwhile, I found another type.rdb in the master build:

        ./unxlngi6.pro/bin/ure/types.rdb (similar with that in the one delived
        in ure package)

whose size is quite smaller than that in the bin/, so I am not sure what's the
difference between them? Would you help me to understand it? Also please
correct me if anything I did is not in the right track. Thank you in advance!

Best wishes,
Yifan

--
  Yifan Jiang