On Thu, 30 Jun 2011 01:29:10 +0200, Thorsten Behrens <thb@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

Hi Marco,

first off - wonderful progress! :)

Hi Thorsten,
thanks, your appreciation rewards me of the time I spent on
this project. :)

Marco wrote:
Now, only targeted master page are exported.

Nice - since people tend to store whole picture galleries there,
this goes a long way avoiding bloat. I like your attention to
detail.

Yep, I completely agree on avoiding bloat.

skip

A slide index based on slide thumbnails has been implemented.
At present I tested it on Firefox 4.x and Chrome 12.x
To toggle between presentation mode and slide index mode you have to
press down the "i" key.

This is just *lovely* !

You can increase/decrease the number of thumbnails per index page
by pressing down the "+" and the "-" key. You can reset the number
of displayed thumbnail per index page by pressing down the "0" key.

So is this! :)

I'm happy to hear that!
I performed some test on more browsers, there was some issues with
IE9 and Safary, but I should have solved them.
Increasing and decreasing the thumbnail grid size looks a bit heavy
on Firefox I'll try to optimize it. Then I want to polish the code.

Looking at the patches in detail, I've committed
0001-svg-export-filter-added-support-for-browsing-filters.patch to
master, but am still holding off for the rest.
0002-Add-support-for-exporting-any-subset-of-slid-filters.patch
needs some cleanup, and I'd like to keep the default of exporting
all slides for the while (with the slide sorter selection code as an
extra patch maybe).
0003-Adding-support-for-exporting-meta-informatio-filters.patch
changes indentation from 0002-*, that should be consolidated (but
see above). 0004-Some-small-improvement-and-bug-fix-filters.patch is
good, but needs removal of those todo/#if 0 code - best split that
into multiple patches, too. Finally, I'd have taken
0005-Implemented-a-slide-index.-Supported-browser-filters.patch
as-is, but it depends on the previous patches.

Ok I'll remove the #if 0. I keep them because I find that the code inside
them could be useful at a later moment, or simply because it includes
some initial implementation as for the left slide pane thumbnail selection,
or the custom background per slide feature.

One thing to note for 0003-* - if there's any js code from JessyInk,
we'd need to retain their copyright notice (GPLv3+). Apart from
that, it would be good to add copyright headers to the js anyway (if
it's from you entirely, LGPLv3+/MPL is perfect, otherwise it's
LGPLv3 currently).

The source code is from me or JessyInk so I'll add a GPLv3+ copyright
header.

I published a log book of the last week here:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/12pIrnHkqcUu9xUbI7qblTofx1P-A4gP6J-4D2oEvphE/edit?hl=en_US&authkey=CPmx59wF

Cheers,
   Marco