plino wrote (24-06-11 09:03)
Cor Nouws wrote:

Well, I don't see any betas coming for the 3.4.x branch, so whether is
has been added or not, does not make sense.

Unless TDF is going to adopt the absurd Chrome (and now Firefox) version
model, the next version should be 3.5.0 indeed.

Hmm - apart from your off topic comment on Chrome/FireFox - I see no rationale for that. There is a monthly schedule for bug-fix releases that is very important for all kind of users. See http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/ReleasePlan

I guess we (Windows users) will have to wait :)

Wait for what? I don't understand what you are trying to say here.

I only can point to my favourite page:
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Installing_in_parallel

I hope that helps people to run more versions (early versions) on
Windows too, so that it give them the opportunity to give feed back in
an early stage.

As I mentioned before, that is useful for a very limited number of Windows
users.

But those that can, should use it and help others...

If TDF wants a significant number of  Windows beta testers that
simply won't do.

And as known, 3.5 betas will install without conflict with the 3.4.x installation, so where is the problem?

(Personal note: I really appreciate that I have not (or only seldom) to
work with Windows any more. Public drawback: I cannot do serious testing
there and already find it hard to understand, to follow the items going
on Windows.)

I'm sure more Windows users would be available for serious testing if TDF
took the Windows users more seriously and in proportion to the platform
importance (given the sheer number of users)

I know no evidence that Windows (users) is (are) not taken seriously.
I think it will help if people try more serious to improve on where we are, also with QA/testing, rather then complain.

Best,

--
 - Cor
 - http://nl.libreoffice.org