Patch is attached. It is just setting the indent for Footnote / Endnote
styles to 0.6cm (previously 0.5cm). It has not big effect to footnotes
<=99 but makes them prettier for numbers >=100.

I guess actually fixing it so that the (automatic?) indentation depends on the number of footnotes
is hard?

This indentation can be modified manually afterwards, right?

How many footnotes to "typical" documents have (yeah, I know zero...). I mean, how many footnotes
do "typical" documents that have footnotes at all have?

--tml