Hi John,

LeMoyne Castle wrote (15-06-11 13:01)
On Wed, Jun 15, 2011 at 1:02 AM, Cor Nouws <oolst@nouenoff.nl
<mailto:oolst@nouenoff.nl>> wrote:

What I am more looking for, is sometimes the hints related to (some
of) the vast amount of code clean-ups/improvements, that possibly
have influence on area A or B. (In the commit-logs for master)

Maybe maybe it is possible for the involved devs, when they think
it is possibly relevant, to add a few words to the description so
that it is indeed able to read that in the summaries.
Sounds reasonable?

It is quite reasonable to try to get the dev work result to mesh with qa
testing.  Sadly, git requests that the short commit message be <41
characters. Personally, I struggle with that at each commit ;-)...
Git does allow more lines in the commit header but those usually
describe changes to the code, are often technical and some of the
comments about the removed/replaced code do *not* belong on the wiki.

Thanks for this explanation.

In the wiki of the future, the summary pages' bug numbers will link to
the actual bug reports (at least for fdo) so that the summary indirectly
provides the intended functional changes in LibreOffice.  The bug

Also with the present list it is not too difficult to go to the related issue.

reports often contain steps to reproduce the bug that make it clear
where to test the fix.  Perhaps the bug-fix section of the summary could
eventually include the bug summary (short desc) next to the link as well.

What I am not looking for, is exact steps to reproduce / verify. When I know that some work has been done with function/area X, it gives the opportunity to work a bit around that area, according to my own habits and knowledge of the suite.

The addition of a bug number to the short commit message is the most
efficient way for the developers to pass testing info to qa.

Thanks for raising and clarifying the issue of qa's need for clues about
how to find and test the latest changes in any of master, 3.4 or the
release branches,

And thanks to you and others for pointing to the current summaries as a good starting point for that, anyway as far as I am concerned. I understand the limitations now too. Since there is much on the route in our QA-process/work, we can see if there shows up a natural, not too complicated, possibility to enhance it.

Kind regards,
Cor

--
 - Cor