Hi John,

John LeMoyne Castle wrote (12-06-11 00:29)

I think the Weekly Development Summary might do what u want.

Not exactly, but maybe it is closest to.

It tends to slide by unnoticed because no one replies to it

( Well there are exceptions ;-) )

as they are all plowing straight ahead.  Here is an easy way to find it...
[...]

+ calc
     + fix for Insert sheets in a protected spreadsheet document (fdo#37772)
[Markus Mohrhard]
     + fixed selection by arrow keys around merged cells. (fdo#34214) [Kohei
Yoshida]
[...]

Indeed lots of useful info.

What I am more looking for, is sometimes the hints related to (some of) the vast amount of code clean-ups/improvements, that possibly have influence on area A or B. (In the commit-logs for master)

Maybe maybe it is possible for the involved devs, when they think it is possibly relevant, to add a few words to the description so that it is indeed able to read that in de summaries.

On the other hand, being honest, in general I only have/make little time to look at those...

Hope that helps...

It does. Thanks for the hint.

So in summary, my request is best picked up if devs, when they think it is relevant, to add a few words to the description of the patch, indicating which user actions might be involved/affected.

Sounds reasonable?

Cheers,

--
 - Cor