Noel Power píše v Čt 09. 06. 2011 v 20:14 +0100:
Hmm, do we really want to use $HOME/.config/libreoffice by default?
well, don't blame the messenger or in this case the patch pusher ;-)
But, it seems since we are a freedesktop application ( and we do already
have support for XDG_CONFIG_HOME ) that it is reasonable we should also
support the default config dir  (see
http://standards.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html )
which says when XDG_CONFIG_HOME is not  set then $HOME/.config should be
used

I see. I was not aware of the standard and the directory was alsmost
empty on my system, so I got confused. I agree that we should use it :-)

Additionally using $HOME/.config/libreoffice instead of
$HOME/.config/.libreoffice also seems very sensible

sure, it is better to omit the dot in the subdirectory

Do we want to do it between 3.4 and 3.5?
well now that is why I asked for 'thoughts' on this. I don't see it any
really more less disruptive introducing it in say '4.0' I'd hold the
view if we make such a change it's better sooner rather than later ( but
this is no pet peeve of mine so I have no real strong feelings )

You are right. The question is if we would have 4.0 at all. The
development is continuous, so...

OK, you convinced me. I think that you should commit the two patches and
be done with it for now :-)

I am sorry for the rumour.

Best Regards,
Petr