Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
- Response time to "you broke the master"-emails by tinderboxes are way
 too low -- the default assumption seems to be: somebody else broke the
 master. This is having further implications as per
 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

The onegit conversion should help a bit with that.

and

Another route is the 'sub-system maintainer' route. where patch and
commit are channeled to sub-system maintainer that regularly but in a
controlled fashion push batch of commits to the 'official' master.
For instance 'calc'-centric patch could transit via a tree managed by
kohei, he would make sure that he tree is stable (via builtbot among
other tings) and weekly - for instance - would merge his tree into the
'official' master.

I think I like that plan much better. The original proposal is
really heavy-weight, and relies on people being able to fix the
unreviewed branch in time, no matter how broken it is. Also, it
unnecessarily requires syncing of all work, on certain days.

- Prevent patches to get lost in space on the ML.
- Prevent patches to hang in a "needs one more review" cycle.

Both are non-issues in my mind. The former happens very, very
seldomly, the latter is not solved by Björn's proposal - since it's
about release branches.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten