On Thu, 2011-05-05 at 22:18 +0200, Christian Lippka wrote:
This is a patch I have hacked on in my spare time.

        Really pretty :-)

It replaces the old color picker with a new one. See here
for a video demo

        I guess it would be wonderful to bring this closer to people editing
documents; I've always been frustrated by the lack of flexibility and
usability in the Format->Character->Font Effects->Font Color drop-down
(and equivalent toolbar / quick pallete).

        Do you have plans to make these more easily extensible with custom
colours ? Then again, perhaps it is a feature that we have a great list
of colors in there, that are hard to select and edit ;-)

I'm hanging around on IRC with nick "cl" sometimes if there are merge
conflicts or build trouble on a different platform then windows.

        Fantastic to have you working on this :-) looking forward to whatever
is next.

        Thanks !

                Michael.