Lubos Lunak wrote:
 I'd like to remove the backtrace printing from OSL_ASSERT and friends, or,
even better and if possible, make these functions work properly, i.e. abort
on failure (I'm not really holding my breath on the second one, but refusing
that one will at least support the first one).

[...]

 Opinions?

Yes - first of all, there's SAL_DIAGNOSE_ABORT, to optionally enable
your desired behaviour. Then, there's sal-disable-backtrace.diff,
which I can happily merge - just set DISABLE_SAL_BACKTRACE then.

Regarding the problem itself, it's festering since many years, and
not easily reconcilable - in the sal/uno area, assertions *are*
serious, and should lead to aborts. Especially in the
application/filter area, though, those were indeed often used in a
"um, not sure, looks fishy here, let's do something"-kinda way.

Generally, cleaning that up (and converting the mis-used assertions
I mentioned into some warning) would be greatly appreciated.
Something for past-3-4 and a feature branch? IIRC OOo had some plans
to make at least smoketest completely 'assertion'-free.

Cheers,

-- Thorsten