Hi Katarina,

Thank for your evaluation work and your detailed feedback. I insert my answers in your text.

Le 06/04/11 17:56, Katarina Machalkova a écrit :
Hey Bob (&  all)

Wow, I'm impressed by how good job you did, esp. considering the fact that
this is your first submission :) I've applied the patch and tested it and
(save some small issues), it works reasonably well. Thanks so much for that.

I've not invent anything, it's just the result of code analyse and reorganize it. (many "cut & paste").

Since this is quite a big feature patch, you're gonna receive rather long
feedback from me, please don't be put off by that:

1) svx part of the patch is mostly OK ... except for the long list of new
#includes. As the (French) comment says, not all of them are needed

Oups ! I create a patch with translations of French comments ;-)
More seriously : I have let things like that because I project to add other "preview fonctionalities" (rotate, borders, ...) and I don't know exactly which header-files are necessary.
I will work to clean it.

Is there a tool to make warning for useless hxx ?

Now for sc/calc part:

2) I find "Insert" button (newly added to the dialog) a bit redundant. All it
does is that it appends an empty condition rule at the end of the list
(position N+1) -- the same thing can be achieved by enabling/selecting
checkbox by Nth rule in the list -- the scrollbar then moves, so the users see
they can add more rules.

Additionally, its function is a bit buggy -- it tends to check some boxes that
weren't previously checked and populates the affected entries with some
default values (zeroes etc.) Therefore I'd suggest to remove it (+ related
code as well) ... but we can discuss this further, it's a matter of taste.

The "insert fonctionality" make _realy an insert_ ! But the visual result is not really evident for user ...

A new entry is inserted on the first position in the dialog box (It's not correctly visible because I've directly selected aCbxCond1). I think then insert an unchecked entry, will better see new entry. What do you think about that ?
(I hope my googled-english is readable ;-)

3) In ScConditionalFormatDlg::InsertEntry and ScConditionalFormatDlg::AddEntry
-- instead of handling/copying array of pointers to conditional format entries
in this way, it'd be cleaner to work with some C++ container holding the
pointers to entries -- std::vector or boost::ptr_vector

Ok, I'm going to buy a new C++ book, because I don't find "std::vector" references in my old one ! (Borland C++ dating the past siecle, with the price in francs ;-)
I think I can work on this in a next time.

4) In ::Refresh and ::UpdateValueList (as well as ::CondNChecked) methods
really, really lot of code is duplicated/copy&pasted around. That's on one
hand consistent with the rest of the code in this class (yeah, unfortunately),
but on the other hand not very nice.

Ok, I can improve this.

5) Found a small buglet while testing (easy to fix) -- for newly appended
condition entries, pre-selected style should be "Default". With your patch, it
is the one that comes first in alphabetically sorted list (e.g. if I create a
custom style named "Blue", it'll come before "Default" and all the newly
created rules will have "Blue" style as default)

Thank, I've stupidly not tested with other style names than "Default" and "undefined#"

Sooo, what I'm gonna do now is that after fixing some very obvious quirks
(reduce the list of includes in svx, fix some typos -- CondNChecked instead of
CondNCheked, and three-liner fix for issue 5) I'll push the patch as it is, so
that LibO users can use the feature already and give it a good deal of
testing.

Whaou ! super :-) I will send a new patch tomorrow

As for the code cleanup -- this is mostly about issues 3&  4 -- we can do it
together later.  Or, if you feel like it, you can try to improve the code
yourself and send a patch to LibO list for review

Yes, I try to improve the code and send a next patch.

Again, thanks a lot for the patch and keep up good work. Should you have any
questions, please don't hesitate to poke any of Calc hackers (me, kohei,
muthusuba etc.) on IRC

Ok, thank you. In first times, I will send questions on this dev list because I'm not regular IRC user.

Best regard

Bob

B.