Hi Yifan,
On 30/03/2011 12:54, Yifan Jiang wrote:
[Manual and Localization Testing]

+ Related wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Manual_Tests

     The manual testing page looks a bit like a test case execution record. I
     am not sure if this is good to record all the testing in a single
     page.

In fact, it's just a template for the teams to work on their own tests. If you look at the German group for example, you will see that they have a well structured table per version
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/QA/Testing/Manual_Tests/3.3.2/de

 Meanwhile cases were already created and were being run in a
     *testing* Litmus server:

     https://tcm.documentfoundation.org/

     We probably expect to have some solution like that.  The benifit of having
     a general/consistent test case management process/tool is people could do
     QA work in a quite easy way and avoid overlap working.

     I can help do documentation stuff and further follow up about this if
     required.

We are currently putting Litmus in place, even if it's no more develop/maintained by the Mozilla team, the new tool they will provide is not yet ready. We need to do some adaptation to Litmus because we are meeting some bugs. Rimas is taking care of it and he is in relation with the Mozilla team. I think there is some perl script to push, not sure however where we are with this currently. It would be good to know if we can go on and write TCS for the next release of if we still have to go with the wiki.

+ Related wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language

     About the localization QA, the wiki page shows 'This process is
     currently under development'. Would you share your experience on here, so
     that we can see how could we offer help to do it.

Litmus will host the tests run on RC versions, on L10n versions and on dev versions too. So for the moment, until we have Litmus in place, I know that most of the NL teams won't run the tests. They need to have a easy framework in place to run them, because most of them are very short in resources.

Kind regards
Sophie