Hi Yifan,
On 30/03/2011 12:52, Yifan Jiang wrote:
[Bug Triage]

+ Related wiki: http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/BugTriage

     1. The current bug triage process looks working very well. One thing in
     lack of fields like:

         - 'NEEDINFO'
         - 'UNCONFIRMED'
         - etc.

     Is somebody working on them? And any other field of current bugzilla is better
     off being improved?

I think it could be improved by more people participating, the team is a bit short currently. I hope the IRC session will bring more participant and more interest to the QA tasks in general.

     2. Multiple language bug reports

     I ever saw bugs opened in French, German and Chinese. Some of them were
     kept alive when somebody translated while some of them were closed as
     invalid since people ignored them.

     So do we need an explicit rules for those? After all Libreoffice is being
     used by people in the world. We may overlook those real bugs reported by
     closing them immediately.

     A possible process for such a situation is, instead of setting those bugs
     as invalid immediately, to set a timeout threadhold (10 days for
     example)to wait a non-English bug translation. After the timeout, we close
     the bug as Invalid.

     Another solution (great one) might be l10n people add their names to the

     http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/LibreOffice/FindTheExpert

     wiki page. Then we could put the names into CC and ask for a translation?

I think it's better to have one or two persons to assign the bug to, and these persons ping the NL language members. We get a table of contact on the wiki for NL or L10n people, but it still needs to be completed.
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Language

Kind regards
Sophie