On 26/03/11 13:42, Peter Jentsch wrote:
Hi,

I now have a first working implementation of the XSLT extension
functions which currently prevent the Office 2003 ML filters from using
the libxslt based transformation service.

The patch affects 3 modules:

solenv: new PACKAGE2LIB variable defined in libs.mk
components/package: made Inflater/Deflater classes (needed by the
extension functions) available as DLL imports.
filters/filter: added extenstion function impl., changed XSLT
stylesheets to work with that and changed configuration of Word 2003 ML
filters to no longer use the JAXT transformation service.

I'm afraid the OleHandler class still needs a lot of love, esp.
w/regards to exception handling, but as of now it even works somewhat
better than the java based impl. which is currently completely broken
(in both OOo and LibO, at least under Ubuntu 10.10).
wow this looks pretty impressive, but... I fear I am a little lost reviewing it . Any pointers to testing ? ( for the unitiated e.g. me ) Another thing that worries me is the windows build, I see there is a new PACKAGE2LIB defined but only for ( afaics ) the 'nixes, Have you tried to build it on windows, II think we might be able to get some of the windows experts to help ( iirc you will need a 'ipackage2.lib' file which afaik isn't always available and requires some magic something in a makefile somewhere )

Asking here Tor and Fridrich if they are ok with the possibility of breaking the windows build ( and asking can they help when that happens ) should the consensus be it's a good idea to commit this now.

If I understand things correctly then mostly this is already integrated ( and this goes a further step to remove more java-ication ) and being a new code/feature we certainly can tolerate the code needing 'more love' etc. On that front as a suggestion there are some helper stream classes you might find useful that can wrap those the hard to use uno stream classes, there is also there is a memory stream class helper ( that might allow to avoid ( or at least hide ) creating temp files ). Those SvStream type classes at least help with some of the pain of reading/writing basic types and strings etc. to/from stream

e.g.
http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/unotools/inc/unotools/ucbstreamhelper.hxx#66 ( helper for converting uno X*Stream types into SvStreams ) http://opengrok.libreoffice.org/xref/libs-gui/tools/inc/tools/stream.hxx#782 ( MemoryStream )

p.s. newfile package/inc/packagedllapi.hxx needs the standard licence foo

Noel