Hi Lubos,
On Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:48:19 +0100
Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@suse.cz> wrote:

 how can I disable the unit tests that are run every single time I
rebuild e.g. Writer? I find them pretty annoying, they at least
quadruple the build time every time I do a change (and they must be
pretty useless when it comes to verifying the debug output I added as
the change).

In the gbuild build system, the default goal is "allandcheck", which
itself depends on "all" (building) and "check" (running unit tests).
You currently can:
- only run the tests with "make -sr check"
- only build the stuff without any testing with "make -sr all"

We clearly want to run unittest by default. It might make sense to
rename the current "all" target to "buildonly" and "allandcheck" to
"all" to be more explicit. The GNU make conventions are unclear if
checks should be run by the default target (However, they are clear on
that the default target should be "all" -- which we currently violate):

 http://www.gnu.org/software/make/manual/make.html#Standard-Targets

Im open for opinions on this.

The logic for this is in solenv/gbuild/Module.mk.

Best Regards,

Bjoern

--
https://launchpad.net/~bjoern-michaelsen