On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 9:28 PM, Caolán McNamara <caolanm@redhat.com> wrote:
On Wed, 2011-03-09 at 18:29 +0530, Sankar P wrote:
I was actually trying to implement a basic offline blog editor, such
that we can use LibreOffice (editor) to compose blogs and then publish
them to blogger/wordpress etc.

If you want to hack LibreOffice to be a useful blogging tool, then
perhaps http://people.redhat.com/caolanm/oooblogger/ might be a useful
basis for hacking it. I only ever partially implemented it, but you
might find sufficient goodies in there to finish it up, or base
something on it to just add support to LibreOffice to be a blogging
editor.

I had some support in there IIRC to attempt to auto-upload images inside
a document to your blog if the blog server supporting the appropiate
apis, which I thought was rather nifty.

Thanks for the help. I will see if I can do something over the weekend.

The main stopping point for me to give any patch to LO is its sheer
build-size. I simply don't have enough patience to wait for hours to
build LO. May be if there is a KVM image with built sources (via
studio) or so, I believe it may help get a few contributors easily.

Thanks again.

--
Sankar P
http://psankar.blogspot.com