Hi devs,

I miss 2 things in any presentation software I know:
1. In Impress I would like to have "Table of Contents" and "alphabetical Index" as it is so nicely made in Writer. 2. "Custom slide show" is a nice feature, but when working with a customized slide show, the page numbering is still the one of the complete slide show. So it could happen, that after slide 2 the slide 9 follows.

After digging around, I think, I should be able to program the neededfeatures (ToC, slide numbers matching custom slide show) on my own.
I would prefer to use Python and PyUNO for this.

Before I start, I would like to ask the list for giving me feedback for thefollowing questions: 1. For generating a ToC I need to store somewhere, if the title shouldappear in the ToC or not. Where can I store this information?I found the "Description" and the "Name" tags I could use but I fear, thatthis will interact with other software also using these tags...

2. Maybe I want to add also an alphabetical Index linking to the mostimportant keywords at the end of the presentation (people will geta printed version of the slide show). Where can I store the information, that a specific word should appear inthis Index? You know I see problem with using "Description" and "Name" tags. For an index it is again more complicate since a word itself has no"Description" tag.Using the "Description" tag of the object, in which the text appears, givesthe problem, that deleting the text does not automatically delete the entry --> How can I detect in that case, that the word is deleted except doing arescan all the time?

3. Is Python/PyUNO the good choice for programming this feature in Impress?
Can you give me Pro´s and Con´s?

4. What´s about the needed skills? Do you think, this project is feasiblefor someone who made up to now only very small standalone apps "just forfun" in Python?

Thanks for your remarks

Chynte