On Tue, 2011-02-08 at 19:46 +0530, Kishan Bhat wrote:
Hello,

I've been trying to make a combobox for a cell with Data Validation >
List for LibreOffice calc.

I thought I could add that in the source and try out - so I downloaded
LO source and started greping for text, all thanks to the excellant LO
page to do so and the LibreOffice IRC channel.

Now, for days I've been grepping the source for texts that I could
think of, with no success. I open loads of *.cxx file and I'm not able
to make out where this code lies.

Can anyone help me with a better approach to find this piece of code
that shows selection list for a cell with "List" data validity?

So, we had a little chat on IRC, and hopefully I gave you a good
pointer.

ScGridWindow::DoAutoFilterMenue (with an 'e') is the one that launches
the popup, both for autofilter and data selection.  The parent call to
this is ScTabView::StartDataSelect(), which I recently modified to fix a
bug wrt autofilter popup launch via key-binding event.

FYI, I have plan to brush up the autofilter popup in not-so-distant
future, to re-use the popup window I developed for datapilot, to allow
multi-string selection and other extra filtering options.

Kohei

--
Kohei Yoshida, LibreOffice hacker, Calc
<kyoshida@novell.com>