On Mon, 2011-01-17 at 11:51 +0000, Caolán McNamara wrote:
On another note, is there an automated test suite?  If so, I'd love to
know how to kick it off after I make changes.

        :-)

a) we have some build-time cppunit tests that run always during the
build, e.g. building sc will automatically build and run the sc unit
test which is an expanding work in progress.

        And - indeed, we would love to convert more people to the cult of unit
testing - Kohei started, and appears to have become quite addicted. The
code for calc is in sc/qa/unit/ - and it would be wonderful to have some
love there: there is a lot to test (as you can see).

        Personally, I would love to see some nice unit tests for eg. for calc's
number formatting logic: to check corner cases of what we display for
various numbers. Similarly things like undo/redo could use a
comprehensive thrashing - with some kind of random torture test on a
document: performing tens of random insert / delete / overwrite /
remove / add rows etc. - and then undoing it all, and verifying that we
did indeed end up back where we started - might be nice :-)

        A great way to learn the code, and (I hope) quite fun, and will protect
us from problems for many years.

        Thanks !

                Michael.