On 08/01/2011 17:00, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
I' confused:
-    sal_Int32 nCount = xAcc->getAccessibleChildCount();
-
-    for( sal_Int32 i=0; i<  nCount; i++ )
+    const sal_Int32 nCount = xAcc->getAccessibleChildCount();
+    sal_Int32 i = 0;
+
+    while(i<  nCount)
      {
-        if( xAcc->getAccessibleChild( i ) == xThis )
-            return i;
+           if( xAcc->getAccessibleChild( i ) == xThis )
+                   return i;
+           i++;
      }
+

Unless I'm really dense: this simply change a for() loop into a
while() loop doing exactly the same thing
Why is it supposed to improve performance ?

as for the rest:
Did you really measure that turning a passed-by-value scalar (which
caller's value cannot be modified by the callee, by definition) into a
const passed by value
  scalar, has _actually_ any performance impact ?

Norbert
Hello Norbert, first of all i'm new at coding, I really do not know if we have any improve, but after looking a lot for c++ performance tips (and I continue looking and reading tips for that) I have in my mind some things like:

for/while -> it's better to use while, it's not a huge improve, but you can find tips that say 'use while, it's better'. I just do it.

const -> my goal is to change the local variable to const is to put it in read-only, wich is better, but in that case that we receive pass-by-value, is my fault. The problem is that i do not known that this method returns reference.

It's because all this that I ask for one review, I want to learn with everyone here. I'm in the right way? My goal is to code things that are better, even with minimal improves.

revol_