On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 6:39 PM, Jan Holesovsky <kendy@suse.cz> wrote:
Hi Regina,

On 2010-12-30 at 01:14 +0100, Regina Henschel wrote:

For me the current formula editor is already easy-to-use. However it
will be more easy to use if the command window was able to show the
complementary braket or brace. It would be very useful when you have
complex formulas with several levels of group brakets to write.

That would be great indeed.

My additional wish for the editor is an insert special character dialog.
The workaround with copying from Writer is cumbersome.

(Aside from that I have a lot of other wishes, for example: Free choice
of color, nice scaling integral sign, easier way to add new symbols,
alignment to equal sign in stacks and matrices, inheritance of font size
from environment or style.)

Go ahead and file all these to the Easy Hacks too! :-)  And please -
don't bash Jonas for the great work he's done,

+1 indeed.

Norbert

I am sure he aims to make
it perfect for everyone; file bugs, or add Easy Hacks instead.

BTW - enabling the incomplete features...  It is the only way to get
more interest in them, early feedback [as actually shown in this thread
too ;-)], and more people actually hacking on them.

All the best,
Kendy