The attached patch is a micro-optimization that uses the zip file contents
instead of directory scans and uses perl's builtin chmod function to modify
the permissions of the files.

I have only tested on Linux where a simple "time" test showed it cut 10
seconds off my make dev-install time from 1:25 to 1:15 minutes on a Core i5
system.

I don't have a build environment I can use to test on Windows but the code
should be relatively straightforward compared for the DLL processing to get
right.  Testing by others who have a windows build setup would be
appreciated as the cost of fork might cause a more significant reduction on
that platform.

I don't really understand what this installer is doing yet so I thought I'd
just get my feet wet by doing this suggested micro-optimization until I have
a bit more time to look at what it's doing.  I did notice the whole process
seems heavily CPU bound for most of its duration, but that might be the
unzip process.

Regards
Steve