Hi David,

On Fri, 2010-12-17 at 00:56 +0800, David Nelson wrote:
The content on those pages is out of date. We're nearly finished
preparing the new LibreOffice site now. You can view it at
http://test.libreoffice.org, and the downloads page there is up to
date. The documentfoundation page will need to be updated.

        Oh - cool :-) It looks really good. I love the auto-platform detection
for downloads, and that page, some comments:

        * I would move the download link to the top - and have the
          explanation below it - it takes time to read through that
          text; I can feel my eyes getting tired - and - really, the
          platform / language combination is -really- sweet and simple.
                + eg. the German tranlation (missing an s) ;-) seems
                  much crisper and prettier as of now.

                + it would be lovely to re-use the existing artwork
                  there, so - we would show (as well as a text link)
                  the download image:
                        + they are easy to get from this .zip:
                https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=41193

        * I'd love to help out with that; how does one get involved with
          the silverstripe goodness ?

        * The Features page is great - though, perhaps we need some
          images there too in time.
                + Also, I suspect a common visitor flow would be to
                  think:
                        "What is new in the latest version"
                + click that link, and not find what they want, so
                  perhaps some link to the release notes for the
                  latest version belongs near the top there (?)

        * Get Involved
                + again - I would like the "how to become a developer"
                  very present, in front of people's eyes: not hidden
                  somewhere in plain-view, where you have to actively
                  look for it.
                        + ie. I want people to think: "oh ! perhaps I
                         could get involved - didn't think of that" as
                         they wander around the website: rather than
                         trying to catch only those people who went
                         looking for it. "We need you !" type stuff.
                        + we saw from the website analytics on our first
                          day, that most people only go one click away
                          from the 1st page - and increasingly few hit
                          sub-links / side-bars etc.
                + Ergo - more than one top-level tab away from the
                  front-page is not good.
                        + perhaps we could cure this by putting a lot of
                          challenge / developer content on the
                          front-page of "Get Involved"
                        + "We want to get developers involved"

        Otherwise, there is so much that is really positive here; really nice
work David (and co). I'm looking forward to the final result.

        All the best,

                Michael.