Hi Peter,

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 22:21 +0100, Peter Jentsch wrote:
I got the message that xslt processing should be done by libxml/libxslt
not by xalan. Because I'm new to libxml, I first need to have closer
look at libxslts transformation API (and how to use that from LO, which
brings it's own xml processing API).

        :-)

 Currently it looks as if it could
be possible for me to write a CPP component that works similar to the
XSLTransformer java class but uses libxslt internally. That wouldn't be
optimal performancewise I guess, but I don't feel like writing a SAX
parser adapter from libxml to LO right now.

        Riight; interesting. Ultimately XSLT requires a DOM to operate on, so I
suppose if we get SAX events from OO.o, we will need to map these to
libxml's nodes.

        I believe we already have code to do this in
xmlsecurity/source/xmlsec/saxhelper.cxx / .hxx - which essentially uses
libxmlsec (built on libxml2) to do document signing as of now [ AFAIR
etc. ].

        Perhaps we can re-use some nice chunks of code from there ?

        ATB,

                Michael.