Hi Jerry,

        First - welcome to LibreOffice :-) most of these questions are best
asked on IRC, but lets archive some of the answers here.

On Mon, 2010-12-13 at 21:20 -0500, Jerry Shi wrote:
Alright, so I just got off of irc.freenode.net, and now have another
question.  For some odd reason, make fetch does not work.  It gives me
an error, make: nothing to be done for 'fetch'

        That basically means - it has already fetched everything :-) that is a
good sign.

                Alright, thanks for all the help so far.  To answer
                your questions, I'm using openSuse 11.2, on a fairly
                new dual core laptop.

        Oooh - old software on new hardware - fun :-)

                 zypper si -d OpenOffice_org-bootstrap # for OpenSUSE,
                but I recieve an error about how the
                OpenOffice_org-bootstrap doesn't exist.

        Ah - it is probable that you need the main OSS repositories enabled; at
least - I believe we had the split build in 11.2 (which bootstrap is
from). Perhaps it is better to add the repository here:

        sudo zypper ar
http://download.opensuse.org/repositories/LibreOffice:/Unstable/openSUSE_11.2/ lo-unstable

        And then do the zypper si -d command (you could also install RC1
pre-built to have a play).

                 So, as far as I can tell, the problem is with this
                line of code:     PR_STATIC_ASSERT(sizeof(size_t) <=
                4); in function

        Nurgh; still. I suspect this is some dependency problem that we need to
check more carefully in configure. Petr - have you seen this before ?