Andrea Pescetti píše v So 11. 12. 2010 v 11:45 +0100:
On 06/12/2010 Petr Mladek wrote:
Andrea Pescetti píše v Ne 05. 12. 2010 v 18:39 +0100:
So a major change with respect to the OpenOffice.org release process
would be that no explicit approval is needed for localized versions.
... I understand your concerns. We came with the central build because of
the many advantages:
    + translators do not need to fight with technical problems
    + save space (do not duplicate binaries)
    + packaging is standardized, compatible, ...

Yes, these are clear advantages from the infrastructure point of view.

I have several ideas how to solve the above problem:
    + do smoke test of each localization to make sure that it starts
          at least; we should do it anyway
    + do more and more frequent bug fix releases with only safe and
          critical fixes; it is a bit questionable because of resources
    + allow to later update just a single localization

These are all valid solutions, but they will not help for the quality of
the first (3.3) release, which will be rather important.

Sure. I see that LO-3.3 will be a kind of special as well ;-)

OOo-3.3-rc8 is delayed. They moved the the final release to January.
We are going to create LO-3.3-rc2 tag (most likely tomorrow) and provide
newer builds with the Windows help packs, ... I am pretty sure that we
will need rc3 to integrate more fixes from OOo-3.3-rc8, ... It means
that the LO-3.3 release is going to slip to January as well. It should
give you more time for testing...

Best Regards,
Petr