On 10/12/10 10:16, Alexander Thurgood wrote:
Hi,

Le 09/12/10 20:07, Wols Lists a écrit :
I've downloaded the old sqlite driver, which is copyright Sun LGPL 2.1.

I was going to try and get that working, and teach myself C++ in the
process, but on trying to commit it to my local repo the first thing I
get is "you are adding tabs to these files" (no I'm not but never mind :-)

So I fix that, then I get "Your change introduces old licences". Where
do I go from here? I could unilaterally change all the files to GPL3+
(as permitted by the LGPL) but I don't yet have the skill to rewrite the
files. Or is there a contact at Oracle I can ask to upgrade the licence
to LGPL3?

Why not ask Christian Werner, the guy who wrote it in the first place ?
mailto:chw@ch-werner.de

Because he's not the copyright holder?
From what I can see of the licence terms for the ODBC SQLite driver, his
terms are actually quite liberal :

http://www.ch-werner.de/sqliteodbc/html/index.html

As far as I can tell, his intention was the same for the SDBC driver
too, but you  would be better off asking him I guess.

Unfortunately, the files all claim to be copyright Sun. So,
unfortunately, if this is true then what the author wants is irrelevant :-(

I'll investigate that route, thanks, but going by the evidence in front
of me it's likely to be futile.

Cheers,
Wol