On 2 December 2010 01:05, Lubos Lunak <l.lunak@suse.cz> wrote:
On Wednesday 01 of December 2010, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
Hi Mattias,

Mattias Johnsson píše v Ne 28. 11. 2010 v 14:40 +1100:
Also one of the easy hacks.

Patch ensures that after doing "replace all" the cursor is left at
original position, rather than moved to the position of the last
replacement.

Wow! - what a great usability improvement, with few lines of code :-)
Pushed, the only change was using the 8288 as the bug number, instead of
12345.

 There appears to be a helper class for this, SwCrsrSaveState. Except that it
doesn't seem to work, as far as I can judge SwCursor::RestoreState() doesn't
really restore anything (quite hard to say, so much for "trivial APIs don't
need docs").

Yep, I know. That was one of the first things I tried. No luck. Or,
rather, it does save some state, and push it onto the cursor stack,
but it's erased again later. Rather than making major invasive changes
to the code, I went for the simple option.