On Fri, 2010-11-26 at 04:14 +0100, René Kjellerup wrote:
(looks like a little of the C++0x is available as early as 4.3)

Yes, but because c++0x is a moving target I don't know if the c++0x
support in 4.3 is the same as that in 4.5.1, e.g. std::identity has
bounced around a bit during the standardization process I believe.

While I'm at it, the practical differences I've seen for C++0x in
LibreOffice are just...

a) std::identity prior to c++0x wasn't a standard class. It was an SGI
extension. In C++0x it now apparently has been standardized, but it
doesn't have an operator(). Only used twice in this sense in LibreOffice
so easily replaced with a trivial template

b) gcc errors if there is implicit narrowing of a fundamental type in a
struct declaration, i.e.

struct
{
    short apple;
} foo;

long item = 100;
foo = {item};

easily fixed with some casting when the types cannot be changed.

C.