Joe Smith <jes@...> writes:

Michael Meeks <michael.meeks@...> writes:
    So - can you expand on what such a clean way might look like ?

Yikes! Don't get me started

Ok, I've calmed down a bit.

Maybe there's an interim solution that would simply clean up the Insert > Sheet
dialog, or make Insert > Sheet From File a separate dialog.

The current dialog tries to handle several similar tasks that really require
different UI behaviors. Since the dialog is not very flexible, it doesn't work
very well in this role.

I know it's not easy to change UIs, but it would certainly be easier than
re-working the entire file-handling strategy ;-)

If anyone is interested, I can throw out some thoughts, but I'm not enough of a
UI designer to propose any concrete solution.

<Joe