On Thu, 2010-11-11 at 09:55 +0100, Thorsten Behrens wrote:
 * encourage people to add stack traces for crashes / hangs to their
   bugs - merge stack trace dupes from fdo -> is there a floss tool to
   do fuzzy stack trace matching?

I thought the gnome bugzilla had a script or something to do this on
bugzilla attachments, but I don't see mention of it with some casual
searching.

 * when a crash happens - want proper crash reporting - suggest to
   install debug packages, point to wiki page for further help, for
   obtaining proper backtraces. Along the lines of
   http://en.opensuse.org/openSUSE:Bugreport_OOo I think.

As an aside, for the last two points, for the fedora builds all app
crashes go through "abrt" and it does a lot of the backtrace generation,
backtrace duplication, auto-install debug packages etc, so most of the
above isn't an issue for our specific Linux distro builds, though that's
not 100% helpful for the other OSes and "vanilla" packages. But maybe
abrt is worth a look at to pull some goodies from.

C.