I will YET learn to hit the "Reply-All" button!  AAARGH!!

--Tp

Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:

Caolán McNamara wrote:
On Fri, 2010-10-29 at 17:56 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
Unfortunately, yum-builddep still isn't happy yet, even when I throw --enablerepo=*SRPMS. I still get a "No such package(s): gedit.src", and the same for openoffice.org.src. However, "yumdownloader --source" will fetch source RPM's just fine.

Well, looking at a RHEL-5 box it simply seems that yum-builddep is
rather broken on RHEL-5. a) it needs the repo names to include "source",
b) it doesn't work anyway unless used with a specific
pre-downloaded .src.rpm

Hmm...am I asking this in the wrong place?

Well its rather off-topic in one sense if yum-builddep doesn't work for
e.g. gedit then its a generic problem and not a LibreOffice related one.

Just wanting to set up the compile environment for LibreOffice on CentOS 5.

Sure, so lets put the yum-builddep thing aside then and forget about it,
it was only meant to be a short-cut to getting what you need installed.
Try this...

yum install gcc-c++ ant java-devel junit4 flex bison perl-Archive-Zip
gtk2-devel freetype-devel gstreamer-devel autoconf

and see if that works, I've added that to the wiki at
http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/How_to_build for
RHEL-5/CentOS-5, if its not sufficient then let me know what errors you
get about missing stuff and we'll just append to the list until it is
sufficient :-)

C.

OK, just gave 'er a shot. There are a few more dependencies. Here are the ones I was able to satisfy.

- gperf
- libXaw-devel
- GConf2-devel
- gnome-vfs2-devel

There is also one I'm not sure how to satisfy within CentOS 5's packaging. This would be Qt4. Here are the messages from make.

 checking which jfreereport libs to use... internal
 checking for jfreereport module... OK
 checking which Apache commons-* libs to use... internal
 checking for Qt4 headers... no
configure: error: Qt4 headers not found. Please specify the root of your Qt4 installation by exporting QT4DIR before running "configure".
 make: *** [stamp/build] Error 1
 [microman@multimedia01 build]$

Steps taken to get here:

 git clone git://anongit.freedesktop.org/git/libreoffice/build
 ./autogen.sh --with-git --with-num-cpus=2 --disable-kde
 ./download
 make

Suggestions?

--TP