Michael Meeks wrote:
Hi Terrell,

On Sat, 2010-10-16 at 15:10 -0400, Terrell Prude' Jr. wrote:
OK, I just learned it's a good idea to "Reply-All" when responding to ensure the list sees replies. :-)

        Yep :-) takes one or two tries to learn it, but the benefit is we can
build personal links more easily & thus a real community [ and people
get replies if they are not subscribed too ].

Glad to test, but a little tip would help. My other boxes, including the one I'm on now, are all running CentOS 5, and the "yum-builddep openoffice.org" command returns "no openoffice.org.src". Is there a specific repository I need to point to?

        Ah - ok; so this is really a question for a RedHat-ter - I suspect
Richard may have some sage advice; possibly we need an explicit command
there.

        For extra bonus points; we could write a shell-script that detected
your system - and ran the right command to install the build deps (on
Linux's at least) - and whack that in bin/ - and/or run it as part of
the 'download' script [ only the first time ].

        Patches most welcome :-) if you don't want to do that - it could
profitably be added to the 'easy hacks' page in the wiki as an entry
level shell / perl task.

My other box, running Debian Lenny, just finished compiling and dev-installing, and LibreOffice comes up just great on it. Cool beans! Thanks to Kohei for the "bin/g pull -r" trick from loroot/ to get rawbuild/ on that guy.

        Wonderful, what are you most interested in hacking on ? :-)

Actually, I'm not much of a hacker at all, more a systems engineer who can shell-script. But I figure I could do some of the non-sexy, janitorial "easy tasks" like getting rid of those "don't trust revision control" comments. You all who are actually hackers have other things that need working on, I figure.

--TP