Hi Niko,

On Wed, 2010-10-27 at 02:41 +0300, Niko Rönkkö wrote:
I think that it would be best to name all options consistently like:

        I like the idea of consistent naming; though we need to make sure that
all the distro packagers at least get notified so they can change
their .spec files, and we get the distro-config/ parameter files sorted
out cleanly [ hopefully the bulk of their parameters are standardised
there ].

I just don't know hot to make those changes elsewhere than in configure.

        Sure - that is the place.

There is also a lots of non documented options like --enable-epm.

        Which need documenting :-)

And then there is that:
   http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/build/tree/configure.in#n128
Which is definedly wrong and which nobody knows how it should be...

        :-)

I'd like to make a patch to those if only I would know where those
changes shall made in.

        In configure.in - but can we separate the (more controversial)
re-ordering of all arguments with the fixing / documenting of the
options.

        I guess we should also try to fix this in the 'inner' configure in
bootstrap/ since we hope to abandon the 'outer' configure for 3.3.next

PS. There is also some OOo'isms like --with-ooo-builddir. Should be
--with-builddir or something like that - I think.

        :-) quite probably some renaming, and/or simple removal of obsolete &
unusued options is necessary too.

        Thanks,

                Michael.