#!/bin/bash
#

while true; do
        echo -n "Please enter your name: "
        read name

        echo -n "Please enter your e-mail address: "
        read email

        echo "If you continue, git will be downloaded and installed."
        echo "The git user name will be set to $name, using"
        echo "$email as the email address."
        echo ""
        echo -n "Do you wish to continue (y/n)"

        read confirm
        case $confirm in
                y|Y|YES|yes|Yes) break;;
                n|N|NO|no|No)
                        echo "Aborting"
                        exit
                        ;;
                *) echo "Please enter only y or n"
        esac
done

# Create a temporary source folder
mkdir -p ~/Downloads/Source
pushd ~/Downloads/Source

# Set some environment variables
export TCL_PATH=`which tclsh`
export NO_MSGFMT=1
export GIT_VERSION='1.7.3.1'

# Download and untar the source
curl -O "http://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/git-$GIT_VERSION.tar.bz2";
tar xjvf "git-$GIT_VERSION.tar.bz2"
cd "git-$GIT_VERSION/"

# Build git
./configure --prefix=/usr
make
sudo make install

# Install man pages
cd ..
curl -O "http://kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/git-manpages-$GIT_VERSION.tar.bz2";
sudo tar xjv -C /usr/share/man        -f "git-manpages-$GIT_VERSION.tar.bz2"

# Use Mac's opendiff utility
git config --global merge.tool opendiff

# Ignore some file types
git config --global core.excludesfile ~/.gitignore
touch "$HOME/.gitignore"
echo '.DS_Store' >> "$HOME/.gitignore"
echo '._*' >> "$HOME/.gitignore"
echo '.svn' >> "$HOME/.gitignore"