Ok, I got a build that seams to work...

I'm attaching my instructions for any other brave sole (can you find a home for it on the build
instructions site?).

The build process default build process has some issues:

1. I had to install libgettext in order to build several libraries.
        This causes the build of libhunspell to fail because it looks like it's trying to compile
against the gettext directory adjacent to the hunspell directories. Since gettext wasn't built, the
files are missing. I had to install libhunspell and include the --with-system-hunspell to work
around this issue.

2. instsetoo_native fails due to a missing libjpipe.
        The workaround for this is to just remark out the code related to libjpipe. I was reading
that this may be caused by using the 64bit java VM. This needs further research.

3. The "make install" fails with a "Failed to generage package file lists". This doesn't seam to
affect the running of the installed program; however, it does need further review.

Joe P.

PS: The attached document was created by TextEdit (Apple's version of Notepad/Write) as an .ODT
file and then edited and saved using my new version of LibreOffice :)

PS: We need to do something about the ICON's. The file system ICON for documents is the OO ICON
with the birds. Also, the application ICON is also the OO bird ICON. It looks like I may have
installed OO on my computer instead of LibO.