Hi Thomas,

On 2010-10-08 at 01:04 +0200, Thomas Klausner wrote:

From what I read, the BSD cp has very annoying behavior wrt. recursive
copying of directories, so I understand why GNU cp is preferred ;-)

Where did you read that, or can you explain directly what the problem
is?

Eg. here (even though this is not the location where I saw it for the
first time):

http://www.unix.com/shell-programming-scripting/97509-cp-r-behaviour.html

Basically, if you cp -R, the behavior differs between BSD and GNU when
you add a '/' at the end of the source dir - I suppose there might be
cases where the authors of the scripts/makefiles do not care if they
have a slash at the end of the source dir, or not, because for the GNU
cp, it does not matter.

Understood.

I'll welcome a patch that cleans it up if this really is the issue :-) -

The only issue I see are the ones with macports.

I once had a patch that used cp instead of gnu-cp but it looks like
I deleted it once Christian did the clean-up in the main OOo
sources. Arrgs. And currently I honestly don't know were to look at
this in the code.

we definitely want to make the build easier, not harder.

Once I'm familiar with git, currently it looks like git is winning,
and have current LibO sources I think I will try to build OOo,
acting like I just have to download the sources and do a configure,
make, make install. I hope that this will be the case in the next
few days, the earlier the better.

Eric

--
## de.OpenOffice.org - Office für MacOS X, Linux, Solaris & Windows
## Openoffice.org - ich steck mit drin!