[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-APR-09
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-APR-09
- From: notebook <email@example.com>
- Date: Thu, 9 Apr 2020 22:26:25 +0900
- To: firstname.lastname@example.org
Dear Design team:
As I missed the meeting, I thought I add my prepared 2 cents via mail.
* Notifications bloating the UI
+ postpone whatsnew and donation
- The actually important message for the user "right now" is "read only". So maybe change coloring? Use a lighter color on "technical" messages like "Release notes"-message
- I would not postpone "whatsnew", because it makes most sense to open it at startup.
- I would argue we don't need "Get involved" (who clicks that?) People who want to get involved probably seach on the internet anyway (instead of clicking on a message, that's shown only once per version)
- Maybe put release notes and donate in one?
* Use chart wizard when adding chart outside a table in Writer
Be aware, that a chart wizards needs a table at the moment.
+ any good reason to not start the wizard outside a table?If there is no Table in the document and the wizard opens, the user thinks it's broken, because they can't do anything?
Remark for programming:
If the cursor is outside a table, we need to implement to find the closes table to the cursor.
- Always show wizard
- If there is no table within the document, there could be an error message telling "there are no tables within the document".
To unsubscribe e-mail to: email@example.com
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2020-Apr-09
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-APR-15 (WED)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] Minutes from the UX/design meeting 2020-Apr-09
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-APR-15 (WED)