[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [libreoffice-design] GSoC Idea: Blurry Shadows
- Subject: Re: [libreoffice-design] GSoC Idea: Blurry Shadows
- From: Heiko Tietze <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 16:58:06 +0100
- To: LibO Dev <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
forwarding the message to the dev-ML where your question might be better suited.
Blurry shadows are what is well-known from macOS or Qt, some realistic and natural soft shadow. The request was made in https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/show_bug.cgi?id=48722. Currently we just duplicate the object for the shadow, AFAIK. Simple solution is to make the border somehow smooth. Better when this smoothness can be controlled by the user from a hard moon-light shadow up to David Hamilton. I don't see much work on the UI as we have a checkbox on/off that needs to be replaced by a slider. The tricky part is to render everything in a blink.
On 28.02.20 13:04, Ahmad Ganzouri wrote:
> I am Ahmad Ganzouri [A_GAN] a student from Egypt, Senior year computer
> engineering. I've solved two bugs in libreoffice :
> I'm interested in Blurry Shadows idea. I need to understand more about the
> project. What will be the target and deliverables?
> I need some recommendations about which issues to start with to dig deep in
> the needed part for the project.
> Thanks in advance,
Dr. Heiko Tietze, UX-Designer and UX-Mentor
Tel: +49 30 5557992-63 | Mail: email@example.com
The Document Foundation, Kurfürstendamm 188, 10707 Berlin, DE
Gemeinnützige rechtsfähige Stiftung des bürgerlichen Rechts
Legal details: https://www.documentfoundation.org/imprint
To unsubscribe e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Posting guidelines + more: https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Netiquette
List archive: https://listarchives.libreoffice.org/global/design/
|[libreoffice-design] GSoC Idea: Blurry Shadows||Ahmad Ganzouri <email@example.com>|
- Prev by Date: [libreoffice-design] GSoC Idea: Blurry Shadows
- Next by Date: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-MAR-04 (WED)
- Previous by thread: [libreoffice-design] GSoC Idea: Blurry Shadows
- Next by thread: [libreoffice-design] Agenda for the design/UX meeting 2020-MAR-04 (WED)